Thursday, September 22, 2022

Change of Seasons




It happens every year.  One week is 80 degrees and the air conditioner is running and the following weekend we are turning on our furnaces because there are frost warnings. We wake up to find our vegetable plants and flowers have a coat of frost instead of morning dew. If you live in the midwest, this is sounding familiar. There was a day we used to baby step into the next season. We would slowly transform our wardrobe from shorts and sandals to long pants, coats, hats, scarves, boots and gloves. Now it seems to happen quite suddenly.

During this transformation and vowing to yourself you aren't in the mood for cooler weather, something happens. It happens every year. I find myself enjoying watching the leaves fall slowly to the ground, turning on the oven and baking muffins, breads and making stews and casseroles. I enjoy going for long walks when the weather is brisk and hearing the crunch of the leaves under my feet. We feel the need to ready our homes for nesting in preparation of the cold winter weather upon us just weeks ago.  Before I realize it, I'm watching Hallmark Channel holiday movies while I'm in the kitchen working.  

Over my morning coffee this morning, I began making my holiday shopping lists to begin gathering ideas for our family and friends.  

This is the life of a Midwesterner and I love it. The change of seasons is always something to look forward to and if it isn't your favorite season, you know it will change in a few weeks.  Happy weekend🍂🍂

What's your favorite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS