Monday, January 23, 2017

Corn Chowder from a Dry Mix Base

It's Soup Tuesday and many of my soups are made from scratch with as many natural and organic ingredients as I can find. However,  I have written in the past about my love for the online site, Soups Online and their delicious dried soup mixes that you can use alone or use them as a base and add your own ingredients to customize your meals.  This past summer I husked fresh ears of corn and put them in my freezer in Ziploc bags. It makes the perfect addition for recipes like this and gives tasty touch of summer when the skies are gray and the temperatures are chilly.  This particular soup mix comes from Illinois Prairie and is pictures below.  I simply peeled and diced white potatoes, added chicken broth, the soup base, half and half or heavy cream and let it simmer for 1 hour on the stove.  To add body and texture, I added cooked shredded chicken I had frozen from an earlier dinner and it was the perfect touch.  Check out Soups Online extensive selection today.  They have more than 2,000 items including soups, bases, and seasonings with many Gluten Free options as well.  Bon Appetit and Happy Tuesday.













 photo Lake house lyn signature_zpspevll2ky.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS