Thursday, January 6, 2022

Special Delivery

I hope everyone had a nice holiday season. Winter is in full swing and we all thought things would be better this winter. It's flu, cold and virus season and we will get through it together. There are ways we can boost both our health and spirits.  

As you know, my soup pot and I go way back. When i hear someone is under the weather, you can find me in my kitchen chopping and dicing and making my special "MOM" chicken. My pantry always has ingredients on hand...just in case. Chicken soup truly is food for the soul and promotes wellness.

Today we have a winter advisory in the Midwest and multiple family members down with the flu.  

The chicken soup in on the stove top, there is bread baking in the bread maker and tomorrow I will dish the soup into containers to leave on various porches in the hopes of better health and a smile.

My Mom's chicken recipe is like most. Chicken broth, cut up chicken breasts or thighs, chopped onions, carrots, celery, garlic, salt and pepper. My secret ingredient is an entire envelope of Bear Creek Country Kitchens Chicken Noodle Soup that contains the spices to make this soup amazing and flavorful. You can find it on their website, in grocery stores or on Amazon. I simmer all of the ingredients together on the stove top 3-4 hours, then add 2 cups of my favorite dried elbow or shell pasta, stir, serve or cool and store for a couple of days in the refrigerator.  

Best served with a hot loaf of fresh bread and butter.  

Stay well, positive and have a safe and happy weekend.




lake house lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS