Saturday, April 20, 2019

Reflecting and Giving Thanks






Every now and then, a memory of my childhood years pops in my head.  I come from a family of 7 and each year for Easter, our Dad made sure his daughters and our Mom had a beautiful corsage to wear to church.  When we grew up and got married, he hand delivered our corsages to our homes, not only for us but his grand daughter's and daughters in laws too.  It was a true act of love.  I'm blessed to still have Dad and I picked up the phone yesterday to tell him how much that meant to me and he seemed so pleased to hear that.

Our Mom stayed home and raised us while Dad worked 6 days a week as a floor installer for he and Mom's business, having to do his own work estimates at night .  Mom knew how to sew and beautifully to save money.   I'll always remember how excited she was making matching Mom/Daughter dresses for herself and my sister Jill and I. Sewing is a craft I didn't inherit from Mom or ,my Grandma.  When I was pregnant with our firstborn, Ryan, I proudly bought a pattern and material to make myself a maternity top. Let's just say I give myself a pat on the back for trying.  The opening for my head wasn't big enough to fit an orange through.  However, I was able to sew a large bear for Ryan that we still have to this day.  I inherited Mom's love for cooking and baking and being a creator in the kitchen.  Hearts are full when we look at our dinner table to see family sharing stories and breaking bread together.  Its not important what you are serving, but that it's being shared with those you love.

Celebrate each day and surround yourself with positivity and joy when you can.  May you all have a Blessed Easter holiday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS