Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Birthday Blog to Myself - Ignore the Box


Always have cake!

I'm celebrating a milestone birthday.  No birthday number has ever phased me, until now.  This one has given me an ah-ha moment or two. What is it about this birthday?  The truth is, we as a society are living longer.  We are eating healthier, are more aware of what goes into our bodies, we are working out more because we realize this plays a role in our longevity.  It keeps our bodies healthy and our minds sharp.  We keep up with social media, enjoying blogger life, Instagram, Twitter and others in our efforts to stay current.  Then one day, you are checking the box on an application for your age. 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, and then you come to 65 to whatever. Let's extend the box to 65-80 and on to 80- and beyond. 
 I feel in a way, I'm just getting started and many of my friends feel the same way. My thought process will return to "it's just a number" shortly once I reflect back on this life I have been blessed to have.  Each morning I feel happy to have the day and choose to embrace it.  So here's hoping I'm graced with another 20-30 more years because I have a very long "to-do" list.  For one, I'd like to find time to set aside each day to read a few of the books I have found that sit on my book shelves.  I want to author a cookbook.  I hope my husband and I find time to visit national parks and parts of the country we haven't seen.  These are reasonable goals and with luck, they will happen.  So here I am embracing my new age and celebrating my fortune I can share my thoughts with you on my blog.  Enjoy your day and make it a good one.  Thanks for sharing!

Happiest birthday to all celebrating their special day💝


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS