Thursday, January 3, 2019

New Year - New Plan


By now we have welcomed in 2019, and made our new years resolutions.  I recently heard roughly 80% of us will keep our resolutions until February, though our intentions are strong.  But sometimes life gets in the way making it difficult to stick to our plans.  It's my hope and wish to make this year my getting our home organized year.  Because there are so many things to do on my list, it seemed overwhelming. So I broke it down into monthly categories and suddenly it seems like a plan I can work with.

So we are giving ourselves 12 months to accomplish our to do list.
 It's my hope to write about and feature these accomplishments in my blog. I have been blogging since 2012 and have never missed my two blogs a week commitment.  This year, I hope you will stay with me as I might not always have my usual two blogs a week but rather share a weekly blog occasionally. It's my hope to carve out time for myself to catch up on reading the latest books I hope to find after browsing my favorite book shops or getting back into a workout class I would enjoy.  It's nice to begin the new year with a fresh slate of possibilities.  Also important not to be down on ourselves if our plan doesn't go quite as planned.  That's the biggest problem I hope to work on and will make an effort to let small things go and focus on the overall picture in a positive fashion.  

Here's How My List Looks -

January - purge - toss - donate
February - New plan for furniture and window treatments for bedrooms
March - Paint interior house
April - Purchasing and installing window treatments living room
May - Carpets professionally cleaned 
June - Deck repair and staining
July - Cleaning the garage
August - Clean and organize toy & storage room
September - Begin my holiday shopping ( I have a large family)
October - Work on my secret yet to be announced project I've wanted to do for 2 years 
November - Wrap up what I haven't finished and begin to plan holiday and upcoming birthday events.  November is a very busy birthday month as well as December.  The more I can plan ahead, the better. 
December - Decorate the tree, house, Dad's house, wrap, bake & ENJOY! 

Have you made a list you hope to accomplish in the new year? 
Thanks as always for reading Lakehouselyn and I wish you time to smell the roses in the months ahead.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS