Monday, October 22, 2018

It's Chili Time


Gather up your canned kidney beans red, black and cannellini, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili mix and grab your large cooking pot for a batch of amazing chili.  Fall just brings out the need for comfort foods cooking on my stove while the leaves are falling outside.  It literally took me 30 minutes to put this together and the most time involved was browning the ground turkey and ground beef.  I used a combo and the fat content and flavor is one I like together.  Use your own ratio or mix but chili can be made in so many ways.  This is what I like about chili.  Simple ingredients and best to serve it up with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.  I like using Mccormick chili low sodium mix and my secret ingredient is the Spice House freshly ground cinnamon.  Adding the cinnamon as the last ingredient adds a hit of sweet to this delicious dish.  Drain the liquid from the kidney beans before putting in the pot and put it all together, cook on the stove top for a couple of hours and serve it tonight.  I also baked these awesome cheese biscuits as a perfect side and they only took me 5 minutes to mix in a bowl, an 15 minutes to bake.  I used Red Lobster  cheddar bay biscuit mix I found in my grocery store and all you need is water, the mix and shredded cheddar cheese. 





All photos Lakehouselyn


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS