Thursday, October 18, 2018

Easy Fall Sidedish


My husband and I spent a wonderful autumn weekend in New Buffalo, Michigan recently and came home with farmers market goodies.  Honey crisp apples are my favorite and in high season. We bought these delicious fall gems and brought them home to enjoy.  While preparing my pork chops for dinner one night, I decided to slice several apples, peel and chop sweet potatoes, place in a baking dish topped with a little butter, sprinkled with cinnamon  (The Spice House is my personal choice) and 1/4 cup water and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.  It made this easy great tasting side dish that accompanied my pork dish beautifully.
I drizzled maple syrup on top when done baking and put back in the oven for 5 minutes before serving.  Smells great while baking too.  

Photo Lakehouselyn

Photo Lakehouselyn

Photo Lakehouselyn



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS