Monday, April 16, 2018

Fantastic Barbecued Beef Short Ribs in the slow cooker


The calendar says Spring but it snowed again a couple of days ago. Then the weather warmed up for a couple of days. The chilly air is back.  The slow cooker is calling my name for this delicious recipe. I use my slow cooker year round.  Easy meals and in the summer, I don't heat up my house having the oven on.  And I love to utilize it for sides and desserts too.  It's a great time saver.

If you love barbecued beef short ribs that are gooey and fall right off the bone, this is a must try and so easy in the crock pot. I featured this recipe a couple of years ago and by popular demand, it's back.  

Serves 6

1/2 cup water, 1 1/2 cups ketchup, 1 1/2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste, 1 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cups vinegar, 3 tablespoons prepared mustard, 1 tablespoon salt, 3 pounds beef back ribs, 1/4 cups honey.
**You can substitute beer for water if desired.  The alcohol cooks off and adds great flavor.  
*** You can season with ribs with salt and pepper first and brown lightly in a saute pan if you wish.  I recommend this as it gives nice carmelization on the outside of the ribs.

Mix water ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt in your slow cooker.  Stir to dissolve the brown sugar and salt.

Place the short ribs into the sauce and stir to coat.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.   Serve them with plenty of napkins and  I hope you enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, I may have to make this recipe this week! Sounds so good right after Nashville :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS