Thursday, April 14, 2022

Make Your Easter Ham in the Slow Cooker


How many of you are working on tweaking their Easter dinner menus?  I love cooking and entertaining but I have to honest.  This Easter has really snuck up on me!  Simplicity is going to be key for me.  

My slow cooker is one of my important tools in the kitchen all year long.  In years past, I have made my spiral ham in it and it tastes amazing while freeing up the oven for my sides.  

I always love Cook's brand ham because of it's delicious flavor and it never fails me. It's already cooked and you are basically heating it at a slow temperature.  If your ham is too large to fit into the slow cooker, no worries...Place the ham in the slow cooker flat side down, cover with a piece of aluminum foil, then cover the entire top with another piece of aluminum foil and seal around the rim of the slow cooker.  No need for the lid and cooks beautifully.  

Ingredients
7-8 lb. spiral cut ham (if larger, use the foil technique mentioned above
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 cups pineapple juice

That's all you need...SIMPLE :)

  Place the ham flat side down.  Rub brown sugar on all sides of the ham.  Pour the maple syrup and pineapple juice over the ham.  Cover and cook (on low) 4-5 hours.  one hour before serving, baste the ham with the juices from the bottom of the crock pot.  When the cook time is done, carefully remove the ham and place it on a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes before carving.  

Leftovers from this ham make excellent sandwiches for supper the next day.  Place sliced ham on sandwich rolls spread with a bit of honey mustard, wrap in foil, and heat in 325 degree oven until the ham is heated.  

Another idea is cut the ham into small pieces and use it in an omelet for "brinner".  Just a couple of easy and delicious ways to create meals days following the holiday.

1 comment:

  1. this DOES sound easy....makes me feel like hosting a holiday dinner can be less stressful with such a simplified recipe. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS