Monday, February 5, 2018

The unexpected gifts are the sweetest




Throughout the holidays and new year, we all feel overwhelmed and over scheduled.  It seems busier and crazier every year.  My sister, Jill and I call ourselves "the traveling soup sisters.  We learned from our mom there's nothing to nurture your soul like homemade soup.  Is it the aroma that fills the house while it's cooking?  Or the way it warms and nourishes the soul?  Our home was always filled with scents from mom's cooking. How she had the time each day running a household with 5 children while my Dad put in long days working 6 days a week.  But the effort she made has stayed with us all our lives. 

Recently, I saw my sister's car pull out of my driveway early one morning.  I opened the door to find this note and a bowl of her delicious hearty homemade vegetable soup filled with freshly chopped vegetables and ham.  It warmed my heart and suddenly changed my day for the better.  

One small gesture of kindness and love can make such a big difference in someone's day.  May your week be a happy one filled with kindness!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS