Thursday, January 4, 2018

A Few of my Favorite Things


This Christmas was a holiday my family & I anticipated with eagerness.  Several members of our family had surgeries this past year and it seems everyone is once again healthy as we look ahead to a happy 2018.  Our Christmas was not just a day or two filled with family, food and stories.  It was our village tree lighting we attend together, the annual showing of Bing Crosby's White Christmas at our local theater, watching Home Alone over and over before we drive to the actual house to take our pictures in front followed by breakfast at our favorite cafe.  It was watching our granddaughter sing holiday songs in her school show, watching our infant grandson see Christmas tree lights for the first time or watching holiday movies with my husband in the evening with our glasses of Bailey's.  Or cookie baking with my daughter. 

Our family presented each other with thoughtful and personal gifts around the tree and everyone was grateful for taking such time to choose so carefully.  Here are just a few of my favorite things and I hope you all had a nice holiday.  

My Dad surprised us with this beautiful chocolate sleigh centerpiece filled with candy, nuts and goodies.

My accent pillow from Shutterfly featuring pictures of our new grandson.

Our frame with a new picture of our grandchildren's sweet faces.

A long overdue custom facial with my favorite esthetician Katt, owner of Grafinskinandbeauty.

A couples massage for my husband and I at the hotel spa when we travel to Michigan in a few weeks and we can't wait!

My husband bought me this gorgeous outfit from JJill along with an itinerary for a weekend trip to New York this Winter to enjoy a couple of shows, concerts, and great dining. What a surprise and it should be so much fun. 

I'm shifting gears to organizing, finding a new workout class and hopefully slowing down life just a little bit.  May you all have a healthy 2018 and thanks for reading this little part of my life I share with you, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS