Monday, October 2, 2017

Slow Cook Your Beef Stew

When midwest temps are cooling and the leaves are falling, I begin to pull together my favorite cold weather recipes.  They are my comfort foods that remind me so much of my childhood and coming in from school to smell the aroma of dinner cooking. With so many working parents in the household now, it's easy to keep the tradition going.  This can be put together and made in your slow cooker all day, or you can make it the night before in your oven, refrigerate and heat before serving the next day.  Both my Mom and Mother in Law made delicious beef stews, and I hope my family carries on the simple recipe we love.

Peel and slice a yellow onion.

Wash and slice fresh carrots.

Bag of small yellow potatoes, washed and no peeling required.

Large undiluted can on tomato soup, diced tomatoes and 46 oz. container of tomato juice. 

Place everything together in a slow cooker, cover and cook for 8-10 hours. If you are cooking it in the oven, place everything is a 13x9 pan, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 3-4 hours at 350.  

Sprinkle the ingredients with your favorite seasonings. TheSpiceHouse are my spices of choice for their flavor and freshness.

Smells amazing and tastes delicious!

Happy Fall!๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

 photo Lake house lyn signature_zpspevll2ky.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS