Thursday, September 29, 2016

Antiquing day with Family, Food and Fun


  • My recent annual Fall visit to the Randolphstreetmarket was on a beautiful day.  I enjoyed the last of the warm summer weather with my daughter Kaitlyn of Sistersmarie, sister Patti and niece Teresa. The Market offers Modern Vintage Chic home furnishings, clothing, accessories, foods, and antiques indoors the remainder of this year.  During warmer Midwest months, the Market is held indoors and outdoors.  There is valet parking for easy loading of your great finds after your visit to the Market.  For bigger items, the Market offers a home delivery service.  Always at the top of our list is the visit to the Windy City Espresso Truck for a specialized coffee delight and muffin.  This year I discovered iced coconut coffee and it didn't disappoint!  We enjoyed a lunch of empanadas from EmpanadUS. I had the spinach and caprese empanadas and look forward to these delights each time I visit the Market.  With two suburban locations, they are a gem I highly recommend trying.  I gave my husband a vintage turntable last Christmas that we have set up in our room overlooking the woods at our lake home.  It's fun to hunt for vinyl records to enjoy by our favorite artists.  Preferably the smooth sounds of Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennet with a bit of Dean Martin.  To my delight, I found albums at a few of the vendors. My most exciting purchase of the day was my $10.00 mini table to sit next to my reading chair in my cozy corner of the living room.  I have searched for the perfect table to sit my coffee mug on while finding moments to read a paperback from the special basket of favorite paperbacks my dear mother in law left me when she passed away recently.  They are among my prized possessions.  She wrote me a note in each book and I will always treasure them.  I look forward to my next visit to the Market.  Check out the Randolphstreetmarket website for upcoming Market weekend schedules and carve out a little time to explore all it has to offer.

Spinach & Caprese Empanadas from EmpanadUS

Storage chests were a popular item

Doesn't this chair have personality?  Loved the teal color.

Vintage bar cart 

Love the Cabin sign for the lake house

Succalents

Fall vintage

Awesome bar cart

To rest my coffee mug on

My perfect table

The Girls

Iced Coconut Coffee from WIndy City Espresso Truck




 photo Lake house lyn signature_zpspevll2ky.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS