Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Greek Salad to Go Anyone?

Courtesy of Ouremeraldcity.com




It is supposed to be Grill Tuesday, but I saw this awesome idea for one of my favorite salads I had to pass along.  You can use it for picnics, pack and take to work or to take to the lake or on the boat.  Easy to pack up and throw in a cooler.  I adore Greek Salad and when I saw this in the Chicago Tribune, I knew I had to blog about it.  Definitely going into my rotation of meals.  I love Mason jars and they are inexpensive to buy and reusable.  This recipe takes 25 minutes to prepare and serves 1.

You need:
2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 cup (about 10) Kalamata pitted olives, 1 cup halved grape tomatoes, 1/4 chopped red onion, 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper, 1/2 cup small cubes feta cheese, 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, 1 cup mixed greens (spinach, arugula, and chopped romaine are good options).

Add ingredients to a 1 quart wide mouth Mason jar, one at a time, in order.  Seal and refrigerate.  Keeps everything crisp for several days, so consider making a few if you are making them for lunches ahead of time.  

Serve by shaking jar with lid on vigorously, open and enjoy. 


                                                                     LakehouseLyn



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS