Thursday, July 8, 2021

What Gardening During a Pandemic Taught Me


It all began last year when we experienced anxiety about shortages in the supply of our food supply.  Suddenly we all began to research growing our own vegetables and making our own bread.  It enabled us to have some control in a situation that seemed out of our control.  Digging in the soil, planting seeds, watering and watching them grow is comforting. Gardens have a rhythm that is both stabilizing and comforting.  Their requirement is soil, water, sunlight and love.  I feel a passion this year and a lot of pride as I eagerly go into my garden each day to see it's growth.  This year is the first year I have grown cucumbers in my garden and I am obsessed with their process of maturing.  I can almost see the tiny vines wrapping themselves around the climbing trellis so tightly, it seems they have human strength. 

The next time you are feeling anxious, step into your garden, water your plants, trees or flowers. If you don't have the space for a garden, visit a local garden shop. Take a breath and let your mind rest.

Tomorrow I'll be picking my first cucumbers off the vines and I can't wait!

What are you growing in your garden or yard this year?





lake house lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS