Friday, July 16, 2021

Summer Sandwich Delight





You know summer has officially arrived when your garden is in full bloom. This year my vines are full with hearty tomatoes and cucumbers! Years ago I made the decision to plant my tomatoes in large containers on my deck. I've had amazing luck and I  love opening the patio door in my kitchen and  picking them right off the vine. Farm to table has never been easier.

The BLT sandwich is so simple, yet so full of flavor. It makes the perfect easy lunch or supper served with a nice fruit side. I make a batch of bacon ahead of time, let it cool and put in storage bags to freeze until I am ready to use it. It's a huge time saver allowing you to enjoy this amazing sandwich any time of the day. Use a hearty ciabatta bread sliced to your liking and toast wile slicing your freshly picked tomato.  Iceberg lettuce is best for this sandwich, organic if possible.   

Assembly begins on your cutting board.  Spread your favorite mayonnaise on the toasted bread, place sliced lettuce, 2-3 slices of cooked bacon, sliced tomato and lightly salt and pepper, place top piece of toast to complete, slice and enjoy immediately.  So simple and so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS