Thursday, April 16, 2020

It's Okay to Feel a Little Down



Calm is a favorite app  of mine on my phone and I saw this this morning on their Instagram I wanted to share with you.
~Photo credit Calm~

"You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain".  - Tom Hiddleston

We find ourselves in week 4 of "stay at home". I'm finding I need to be a bit more creative in remaining positive. How about you?  For example, I was driving the other day feeling upbeat and thankful for all of the blessings in my life. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day.  Then out of the blue, I had tears rolling down my face. Is this happening to you?

Most days, I am connecting with friends and family and finding we all are having the same feelings of positivity on some days and isolation on others.  Why wouldn't we?  Our homes have become our schools and workplaces, we are having to find creative ways to entertain our children instead of visiting parks and libraries or having play dates with friends.  We sadly aren't able to hug our parents, children and grandchildren. 

Perhaps we needed to retreat and rediscover our loved ones as we stay in place together.  Many of us are spending time finding a new hobby or working on the home projects we have put off for so long.  I recently learned how to bake bread from scratch.  And I'm planning to plant a larger garden this year, full of my favorites.  Radishes, lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. During these times of staying home and staying safe, we have learned how to use the foods we have in the house and grow our own healthy food to feed our family. Working in my kitchen and garden are the things I can do to feel productive while staying calm.  For others, calm may mean reading one of the new books you have saved for the day you had time or writing in your journal.  

Most importantly, reach out to others when you are feeling down.  Texting is fine but picking up the phone and actually hearing the voice on the other end can and will change your mood.  Laugh,  share stories, or cry together.  Let's be proud of ourselves for getting through this difficult time together and look forward to our world reopening perhaps in a new but slightly different way for a while.  We will find our way.  

Stay well friends and thank you for sharing my thoughts today🙏













No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS