Thursday, June 27, 2019

Simple to Make Red, White & Blue Dessert









This is a favorite dessert of mine!  It will literally take you minutes to bake the biscuits.  It did take me 12-15 minutes to make the whipped cream. I had chilled the beaters in the freezer for a couple of hours before using my mixer and always use a glass or ceramic bowl.   For an even greater short cut, buy store bought biscuits or pound cake and use canned whipped cream or Cool Whip.  I always buy organic fruit when possible.  It is better for you and just tastes better.  This dessert can be made during the summer using sliced peaches as well but for the 4tgh of July, I love the colors of the strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream.  

You can serve them to your guests or create a make your own strawberry shortcake bar.  Place sliced and cooled biscuits in a basket lined with a cloth napkin, chilled bowls of sliced strawberries and blueberries, and a chilled bowl of whipped cream. I recommend adding two teaspoons of almond extract to the whipping cream if you make your own OR a packet of Truvia to sweeten it. I personally prefer whipped cream vs. whipping cream. To me, it's a better flavor.  Pick up little chalkboard menu cards at your local office supply or craft store and chalk to write out what you're offering.  Makes it just a bit more special.  

Enjoy and have a safe and Happy 4th⚐



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS