Wednesday, November 23, 2022

The Importance of Tradition

Traditions are important and I love them particularly during the holidays. They connect us to family and friends who came before us and brings back memories of the past. Whether it be a food or an activity, traditions give us a sense of security and closeness to loved ones.  A favorite tradition of mine was our children Ryan and Kaitlyn watching the Macy's parade with us as they grew up, usually with hot chocolate in hand. Today, Ryan's own family watch the parade in their home, and our daughter Kaitlyn tries to come over for a brief time to watch together before returning to her own children to watch the parade.  I like to make the cheeseball appetizer (below) my Mom always made for holidays and it makes me smile as I remember her serving it to our family. As I make the recipe, I can feel her beside me. Another important tradition in our family are the painted ceramic turkeys my Dad made as a young boy. (He is 90 now). Every year the turkeys have decorated and sat proudly on our Thanksgiving table. We love to hear Dad tell the story of how he painted them when he was ten years old. 

Keep traditions close to your heart and enjoy a safe and Blessed Thanksgiving friends.






lake house lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS