Thursday, June 2, 2022

UNPLUG

Plug back into the life that is yours. A simpler life is a step forward, not backward.


How many times are you in a room with others and look around to see everyone looking down at their phones?  

We are so busy checking what others are doing in "their" lives, we are "missing our own lives".
There is nothing more important than our own moments. If you aren't in the moment, you risk missing the joy your own life deserves. We all, including myself, have an over reliance on social media. Are we more satisfied being plugged into other's ives?  Step away from what you think you "should" be doing, comparing your life to others and avoiding others's criticisms. Ask yourself if these are relationships that serve a purpose to you.  

Summer season is finally here and it seems we have waited a long time for it to arrive.  The sun is out, the birds are singing and the grass is green.  Open your eyes each day to the possibilities in front of you and embrace them.  

I used to be a news junkie.  Lately, I limit myself to news exposure by checking headlines briefly and process it to my best ability.  I am making an effort to focus on what I can improve on trying to make a small difference to myself and others around me.  

Begin your day reconnecting to what matters most to you and do what brings you joy. My vegetable and flower gardening brings me great joy and a sense of pride and accomplishment.  Watching the birds, ducks, rabbits and squirrels gather at the bird feeders in our yard brings a smile.  It's the simple things in life. Watch the sunrise while enjoying your morning coffee or tea.  Enjoy a walk and listen to the birds singing and the wind blowing in the trees.  Spend time cooking your favorite meal.  Rediscover your simple pleasures and smile.

lake house lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS