Thursday, January 27, 2022

Winter Gardening Indoors

This year I had put the Smart Garden Click and Grow
system on my Christmas "wish list". I was thrilled to open my Smart Garden and begin growing vegetables indoors. The snow is falling outdoors and temperatures are below zero here in the Midwest.  The idea of growing my own vegetables indoors is an exciting new adventure for me. It's so easy to use 
because the smart soil plant pods are full of seeds and nutrients that come ready to place right into the system.  

Next add water to the designated level and the soil pods will slowly use the water it needs to make the vegetables grow.

Covering the soil pods with the plastic dome creates a greenhouse in the early stages of growth. There is an LED light bar that is easy to use and comes with an extender bar so the light bar raises as the plants gain height.  

I have chosen to grown mini red tomatoes, mini yellow tomatoes and romaine lettuce.  Pictures below are the growth stages my vegetables have had in the past 2 weeks.  

Click and Grow comes in several sizes, but this 3 pod set is a good beginner.  I confess to checking on the progress several times a day.  Did I mention once plugged in, the light system automatically goes on in the morning and stays on for 16 hours before shutting off for a few hours.  










I hope to be posting recipes soon featuring my garden vegetables. Have you tried growing indoor vegetables during winter?

lake house lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS