Thursday, March 31, 2022

Spring Sunflower Cake That Everyone Will Love




This is a fun dessert that brings a smile and perfect for Easter. My family surprised me with this cake for my birthday a few years ago and it had such special meaning to me. My Mom had just passed away before my March birthday. Her favorite flowers were sunflowers and my family knew how much I love marshmallow Peeps . My Mom always bought them for me and now my Dad does at Easter time. To be surprised with this cake with both sunflower and Peeps warmed my heart and I appreciate the thought and effort that went into it.

Here is the how to for this special cake to bake for someone you love. We have family members on a gluten free diet so I use a yellow gluten free cake mix and it tastes delicious.

You need one yellow cake mix, 2 cans chocolate frosting, 20 yellow chick Peeps, 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions using 2 round baking pans, greased and lined with parchment paper. Cool for 10 minutes after baking 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

2.  Spread chocolate frosting between the layers and over the top and sides.

3.  Arrange Peep chicks around edge of the cake facing outward taking care not to have separation  between Peeps.

4.  Place the chocolate chips in the center of the cake as your sunflower seeds.

Serve and enjoy the smilesđź’—

lake house lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS