Thursday, January 14, 2021

Just a Few Fun Things about Myself



It's a New Year and I thought I would do something a little different this week. Get to know me better this year. I'd love to hear about you in my comments.  

I've been a blogger for 8 years.

I have written over 700 blog posts and have never missed a week (yet).

I worked in advertising sales for a magazine I still love, West Suburban Living. Through this experience I learned new people skills and had the opportunity to connect with many interesting hard working business owners.

I was a meeting, sales and wedding planner at Stouffer's Hotel in Oakbrook which has since become a Meridian. This is where I met my husband when he worked there summers during college.

I took night classes at our community college to earn my hotel/motel certificate and loved it.

I started my own company, Great Gatherings, Inc. and ran it for a couple of years. 

I aspire to be a good gardener. I tend to grow more weeds than flowers but I try.

I am quite successful at growing tomatoes and herbs in large pots on my deck.I've outfoxed the rabbits from nibbling on them when they're on my deck.

I am an early riser.  It's the time I have quiet with my newspaper and Starbucks made at home.

I prefer hardcover and paperback books versus online, hands down.

I'm an SUV girl.  

I love margaritas and Sauvignon Blanc chilled.

I can make a great nacho platter in 5 minutes.

I love to ice skate and go sledding.  

When I drive I like occasional music but prefer quiet to let my mind rest.

I like the cozy feels of winter.....better if there is sunshine.

I'm making peppermint hot chocolate topped with whipped cream this winter.

Another favorite is Bailey's Irish Cream drizzled over vanilla ice cream.

Scented candles are used daily at our house to add to our cozy feel.  Current favorite is apple maple bourbon from Twill Cottage in Walworth, Wisconsin.  Owner Deb has an online shop.

My husband and I have owned our A frame in the woods lake home in Wisconsin for 24 years and going strong.  So blessed we have our lovely family to enjoy it with and continue making memories.

Thanks for being a reader of Lakehouselyn.  I enjoy writing and being connected to my reader friends.  
Have a great weekend and be safe. 

Hugs💗

lake house lyn

1 comment:

  1. What a cute post! I’m not sure I knew you love ice skating. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS