Thursday, December 10, 2020

The Art of the 2020 Christmas Card








Christmas card writing sets a festive tone for the holiday season.  I keep certain cards from past years to remind me of the journey we have taken to where we are today. I set time aside to look through these cards, bringing up emotions of happiness seeing new family members that have come into the family or sadness remembering the ones no longer with us.  

2020 has been a challenging year for all of us. Perhaps we can infuse humor into our holiday greetings? Families have spent most of the past 10 months together in their home. We have watched movies, read books, learned to cook and garden, played games and gone for daily walks. Normally we would send the holiday newsletter highlighting our travels, new business ventures, family get togethers. 

Instead this years greeting will include writing about your special moments at home.  As hard as the year has been, we have been blessed with time together. As I write out my Christmas cards, I am thankful for the family and friends I send my greetings to.
As I look forward to our mail carrier bringing daily cards to open, I wonder who will send the card that simply says, Dear Santa, please bring us a do over of 2020, Merry Christmas and a good night to all.


  • lake house lyn
    • No comments:

      Post a Comment

       
      BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS