Thursday, March 5, 2020

Our Gathering Place


When we bought our home up north 23 years ago, I realize looking back we were living in the moment. Our son was to begin college and our daughter was ten.  We were dealing with our firstborn leaving home for the first time and our youngest living her busy preteen years.  The key word when we purchased our home was simplicity. We said no cable, no computers or phones. We will just enjoy time together as a family.  It did begin that way but throughout the years, speedy internet made it into our home, along with various fun toys like our boat and golf cart.  We added an addition a few years ago as we required more living space as our needs grew.  This home has seen get togethers of 35-40. We have had up to 16 sleeping overnight for weekends.  
Simplicity was out the window and I was on my way to learning how to achieve relaxation while planning meals, activities, get togethers, sleeping arrangements, and laundry for our growing family and friends.  
That's how Lakehouselyn began 8 years ago.  I wanted to share tips and ideas I had learned over the years.  I have so much more to learn and we look forward to sharing our home and create memories for many more years to come.  
Our home is now making memories for 4th generation of family and that warms my heart knowing we have been able to share our little house of love with so many dear to us. Our home is showing  signs of age but it's our safe haven and we love it. Our community continues to grow from the small town it was when we purchased our home. But I still love the way neighbors wave and just stop by to chat. I love knowing when you go into a restaurant, most likely you will have made a new friend when you leave. 
I always look forward to writing my next post and welcome ideas and thoughts from you.
Thanks for reading💜







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS