Thursday, January 17, 2019

Don't Get Caught Snowed in with an Empty Pantry


My Grandma lived through the Depression. When the Depression ended and my Grandparents got married, Grandma remembered the hard times and it taught her the importance of always keeping a good supply of foods and canned goods in the pantry for emergencies.  She passed this on to my Mom who passed it on to me.  It gives me a secure feeling to know we have the ability to feed the family if Mother Nature blasts us with a blinding blizzard.  

Watch for sales and stock up on canned goods, pasta, sauces, peanut butter (my husbands personal favorite staple), and of course water.  Soups and applesauce are great items to keep on hand. My Mom always had macaroni and cheese mix and canned tuna in the pantry to make the classic, simple "tuna casserole".  Tomato soups are another items that's great to keep on hand.  Warm tomato soup topped with saltines or grilled cheese cubed as croutons make the perfect comfort winter meal.  





What do you keep in your food pantry for emergencies?





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS