Monday, June 25, 2018

Portillo's Copycat Cake

If you live near Portillo's and have had a slice of their chocolate cake, then you have lived a full life..haha. If you haven't tried it yet, don't waste another minute.  (by the way, they serve lemon cake in the summer that will knock your socks off!).  I'm sharing a knockoff recipe that may be one of the easiest cake recipes you will ever bake.  I made this recently to serve at my husbands birthday family party.  We have a family member on a strict gluten free diet so I modified the recipe.  Here are the pictures and the recipe is below.  I was told it rivaled the famous Portillo's chocolate cake. 





~Portillo's Copycat Chocolate Cake Recipe~

1 box Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix (I used gluten free mix)
3 eggs
1 cup ice cold water
1 cup mayonnaise (regular not light)

Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
Pour batter evenly between two 9 inch round pans sprayed with baking spray. I also used precut round parchment paper on the bottom of the pans.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until done.
Let pans cool for 15 minutes and remove gently from the pans.
Frost liberally with Betty Crocker chocolate canned (that's right) frosting.
I made this cake a triple layer so I doubled the recipe and used three round pans, 2 cake mixes and 2 cans of frosting.
It's that easy and it is the only chocolate cake I will make from now on.  

Let me know how you like it and thanks for reading.


1 comment:

  1. Oh mama!!!! I can’t wait to try this! We love Portillos cake - and although I’m both gluten and dairy free - I’ll make an exception for this on my birthday :) Hey - at least I’m avoiding one of my two evils!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS