Monday, May 14, 2018

Grilling Steak Indoors or Out


Tonight I'm grilling on my Cuisinart indoor grill. This is probably one of the most valuable cooking tools I own in my kitchen.  The plates are removable and dishwasher friendly.  One side holds the griddle plates I use to make pancakes and grilled cheese while the other side holds the grill plates.  The grill side I use for steaks, burgers, chicken or whatever your heart desires.

These are Angus strip steaks that I topped with a light coating of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), and seasoned on both sides with garlic salt, onion salt, and lemon pepper seasoning.  Grilled 8-9 minutes on each side and served with fresh green beans.  I pay more for my organic fresh green beans this time of year but it's really worth every penny!


The sizzle of steaks on the grill is hard to resist. After the steak is finished cooking, let it rest on a plate for 5-6 minutes.  This will ensure the juices distribute inside the steak and stay inside once you cut into your meal. 


The flip side of the grill makes great grilled cheese sandwiches.


Just a pinch of simple spices and seasonings can make a difference in the taste. What are you grilling tonight?


                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS