Monday, January 22, 2018

Slow Cooker Chicken & Noodles


My daughter forwarded a recipe recently she had made in her slow cooker and told me how easy and delicious it was.  Two words I love in my cooking vocabulary....Easy & delicious! I bought the ingredients on my peapod grocery delivery site and made it last week.  It was such a big hit it's now gone into my cooking rotation.  My husband and I both loved it!  It's a perfect comfort meal and makes your home smell amazing.  Here is the recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do!  

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2 cans or boxes of cream of chicken soup (no water), 2 tsp. dried, parsley, 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 sliced stick of butter, 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, bag of uncooked egg noodles.

Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Top with the soups (do not add water) and sprinkle with the spices.  Add the butter slices to the top and pour the chicken broth on top.  Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.  Remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks.  Mine feel apart very easily and was very tender. Place the shredded chicken back in the slow cooker along with dry noodles and a bag of frozen peas.  (omit the peas if not your favorite) and stir.  Continue cooking until the noodles are tender. 

Chicken, soup, spices and broth on low for 6 hours.

Simplicity is adding dry noodles and not worrying about cooking them first. Big time saver!


After shredding the chicken, place back in the crockpot with frozen peas to cook an additional 60-70 minutes.  I served it with a warm loaf of ciabatta bread and honey butter. (slightly soften a stick of butter, add a tablespoon of honey, mix together with a spoon until smooth and serve). 

Enjoy and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS