Monday, December 4, 2017

Soup Makes a Welcome Gift












I love "soup days" at our house for so many reasons.  It's a hearty meal to serve, easy to make and smells great as it cooks.  Soupsonline is a website designed to sell speciality soup mixes, as well as breads and dips.  They have dozens to choose from.  I always keep a few in the house for a quick meal.  I often use these as my base, and customize with my own meats, vegetables, canned tomatoes, etc. to make it "my own".  

In the past I have given "soup and corn bread gifts" .  I like to think of them as a "little gift of comfort" .  In each one, I put a soup mix, bread mix, and a package of pretty holiday napkins, topping it off with pretty red and gold confetti I easily shredded from tissue paper.   
I placed it all in gift bags with a snowflake print I found at my local craft store.  And if the bag is large enough, you can put a soup mug inside too.  
A couple of my favorites are bearcreekcountrykitchens Chicken Noodle Soup and cuginos Mama's Minestrone, that are staples in my pantry.  
Check out the bread mixes too.   Makes a great side for any of these soups.

Special birthday wishes to our son in law Mike🎂




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS