Monday, November 14, 2016

Easiest Vegetable Soup for Supper





When I flip the calendar to November, soups in the air in my kitchen as you can see.  When I have a group, I like to offer a couple of choices.  Pictures are my vegetable and chicken noodle soups.  I generally like my soups to simmer for a couple of hours, but this time of the year has us all scrambling to keep on top of our daily schedules.  Here is an easy vegetable soup you can throw together and enjoy for supper tonight quickly.

Ingredients:  1 lb. ground beef, 1 medium chopped onion, 1 28 ounce can undrained diced tomatoes, 1 16 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables, 1 16 ounce undrained can kidney beans, 1 14  1/2  ounce can beef broth, 1 envelope taco seasoning, 1 minced garlic clove and shredded cheddar cheese.

In a large saucepan or dutch oven,  brown beef and onion until meat is done and drain.  Add tomatoes, vegetables, beans, broth, taco seasoning and garlic and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.  Ladle into bowls or mugs and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

I offer sourdough or a crusty loaf of bread with this meal.

~Stay warm and hope you enjoyed Soup Tuesday~

*Happy birthday Keri xo











 photo Lake house lyn signature_zpspevll2ky.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS