Thursday, April 7, 2016

My Food Truck Obsession - My Toasty Cheese







I love to cook and be creative in the kitchen.  The thought of driving my kitchen to a great location, fire up the grill and open the shutters to sell and serve my creations to others gets me fired up.  

Grilled cheese is an item we all relate to when we are looking for a reminder of home or need a comfort food.  All I have to say about Toastycheese is go to their website, check them out on Facebook or Twitter to find out where they will be today, and GO!  I have been following them on Twitter for over a year and much to my surprise, my daughter, Kaitlyn of sistersmarie took me there for lunch on my birthday!  She knew how I had been following their calendar online checking where the truck would be each day, and it was even better than I had imagined.  It is now my goal to try every grilled cheese on the Toastycheese menu.

Founder, Gregory Barnhart, knew after many years in the auto industry that he wanted to change gears and find a career he enjoyed that involved his then teenage children.  Everyone agreed a grilled cheese food truck would be a great venture to start.  In 2012, the first Toastycheese mobile truck was born.  He now has added a second mobile truck, their first mortar and brick restaurant opened in 2015, HotPockets has co-created with Toastycheese now selling Food Truck Bites in your freezer section.  Check out their very successful catering business for your next party or corporate event.  

I had the Great Dane sandwich with American and Cheddar cheese, topped with Applewood smoked bacon.  My daughter loved her Scott's South of the Border (one of their biggest sellers), chipotle chicken, cilantro-avocado aioli, Pepper Jack cheese, caramelized poblano peppers and caramelized onions.  To top things off, when they found out it was my birthday, we were treated to their most delicious tasting dessert called Lucky Luis Bites with a choice of chocolate, caramel or raspberry dipping sauce.  We choose raspberry and it was incredible!  These fluffy, cinnamon sugar dusted pastry bites are a must have when you visit toastycheese!  Did I mention the Fun Stuff they offer for your sandwich?  Nutella, Peanut Butter, Marshmallow Fluff, Banana Puree.  

Are you craving a grilled cheese panini right now? I am! Check it out and have a great weekend. 

Thanks Kaitlyn for a memorable lunch and the great guys at Toastycheese for my delicious birthday Lucky Luis Bites! I can't wait to go back.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS