Thursday, September 24, 2015

Welcome Back Pumpkin

It seems each Fall, my love for pumpkin EVERYTHING comes out!  I bring out my pumpkin candles, begin baking pumpkin scones, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies (my Mom loved this recipe and baked it for years for us), and we all make a date to gather at our local pumpkin farm for hayrides, and try to make our way through the corn maze.  Everyone chooses their favorite pumpkin for carving (or in some cases, painting).  It wouldn't be a visit to the pumpkin farm without picking out a favorite homemade jam or jelly,  salsa, or my favorite, the taffy apples.  Do you have a favorite Fall tradition?
I posted the recipe for my Mom's pumpkin cookies below.  Enjoy!



Photo Cookie Madness

King Arthur Flour
Check out kingarthurflour for recipes

King Arthur Flour

Once Upon a Chef
Check out .onceuponachef for delicious recipes







Mom's Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cookies

4 cups unsifted flour, 2 cups quick oats, uncooked, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon sat, 1 1/2 cups soft butter, 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin, 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Combine flour, oats, soda, cinnamon and salt and set aside. Cream the butter and gradually add sugar, beat until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and vanilla.  Combine with the dry ingredients and pumpkin.  Drop on ungreased baking sheet (I like to use a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet to prevent burning the cookies) 3 inches apart.  
Bake at 10-12 minutes at 350.


*Happy birthday to my mother in law Dorothy.  You are missed more than I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS