Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Slow Cook Herb & Lemon Chicken




My daughter in law Lisa from stilettosanddiaperbags and sistersmarie shared this easy recipe to make in the slow cooker.  It is so simple to throw together and makes the house smell amazing when you walk in the door.  Did I mention it's healthy too?  

Ingredients: Fresh whole chicken, lemon, yellow onion, garlic or garlic paste, stick of butter, salt, pepper, fresh rosemary,

I bought a fresh chicken (I used Perdue), rinsed it and placed in in my slow cooker.  
I sliced fresh yellow onion, a lemon, and half a stick of butter.  (I use organic meats and produce when I can).  
I placed a couple of slices of lemon inside the chicken.  I didn't have fresh garlic,  so I substituted a tablespoon of garlic paste and spread the garlic paste on top of the chicken. (I like Gourmetgarden found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket) They have done the work for you and made a garlic paste from organic finely chopped garlic. It's a true time saver!
Begin to place sliced lemon, butter, rosemary, onion on top of the chicken, salt and pepper, pour a half a cup of water in bottom of slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8-10.

I bought fresh green beans from our local farmers market, snapped them, and froze uncooked in freezer plastic bags so I could savor the freshness of season a few months longer.  
This meal would be perfect to serve fresh beans as a side along with a fresh salad.

Do you have a favorite side to serve with chicken?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS