Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Slow Cooker Pot Roast



We recently had neighbors caring for a very ill family member and I thought taking them food during their difficult time might provide them with, I hoped, some comfort.  I turned to my freezer, grabbed my slow cooker and the following ingredients and 6-7 hours later, they had a hot meal at their door.  It made enough for several meals that I put in containers so they could refrigerate or freeze for a later date.  
It is my modified recipe for Italian Beef that I have turned into a Beef Roast Dinner.  I always keep mild giardiniera peppers and Louie's Italian Beef seasoning mixes in my pantry .  For this recipe I used a 5 pound beef roast.
Place the roast in the bottom of the large slow cooker, cover with half a jar of Giardiniera peppers (optional), a package of Good Seasons Italian Salad dressing mix (dry), half package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix (dry),  mix the contents of Louie's Italian Beef Seasoning with 1-1/2 cups water in a bowl and pour over beef roast, place peeled carrots, and chopped onion in slow cooker, cover and cook for 6-7 hours on medium.  You can shred the beef and serve on crusty rolls or serve as a roast and slice the beef, serving with the delicious au jus in the slow cooker.  Mashed potatoes are always a favorite with roast beef.  Enjoy and Happy Tuesday!



LakehouseLyn

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet! I make this all the time and have no recipe for it so you must have told me about this one years ago. Still one of my favs, we ate it last week! xo

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS