Friday, September 28, 2012

Freezing Fresh Pancakes

One of life's simple pleasure are fresh blueberries and the health benefits are an added bonus!  I find they freeze well and taste as fresh as the day they were picked!  When the temperatures turn colder, I become obsessed with blueberry pancakes. For a time saver, Aunt Jemima Original Complete or Hungry Jack Complete Buttermilk pancake and waffle mixes are incredibly simple!  You just add water to the measured mix in a bowl and toss in your blueberries.  Spray griddle before heating with a non stick cooking spray and I use an ice scream scoop to ladle my batter onto the griddle.  Makes a nice size pancake.  Flip when it starts to bubble a bit until golden brown.  Don't forget the maple syrup or whipped cream on top for a decadent treat!

When I make my pancakes, I make a large amount to keep for future use when we have guests or I don't have time to cook.  Cool your left over pancakes on a plate, wrap in aluminum foil a couple at a time, and place all your packets in a freezer zip lock bag marked on the outside what the contents are.  When you are ready to use, microwave for a minute or so, flip over for another minute and voila. A sure winner!

 ENJOY THE WEEKEND!

1 comment:

  1. I do this too! But I use mini zip locks and put them in packages of 2 then put them in the toaster! Great minds think alike! xo

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS