Thursday, October 20, 2016

Manhattans for a Crowd






Our family is planning a birthday celebration for my Dad.  His favorite cocktail is a Manhattan.  I come from a large family, so our immediate family is usually a party of 30 or more.  We will be having a make your own chili bar (I'll be featuring this in an upcoming blog post).  So I thought why not set up a "Manhattan" side bar.  I needed a recipe for a big crowd I could make ahead of time and found this easy one on Seriouseats.  My Dad will love it!  So will the rest of us:)! Try it for your gathering this weekend.

                  This recipe will serve 8-10 cocktails and yields 32 ounces.

     18 ounces rye whiskey ( I like Makersmark), 9 ounces sweet vermouth,  18 dashes Hellabitters, 5 ounces filtered or bottled water (not mineral). Using a funnel, pour rye, vermouth, bitters and water into a pitcher.  Chill well and stir before serving. 

Garnishes on the side: Makers Mark Bourbon cocktail cherries and lemon twists (& ice)

~Happy Weekend! 




 photo Lake house lyn signature_zpspevll2ky.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS