Monday, October 3, 2016

Homemade Applesauce in the Slow Cooker


Granny Smith Apples

TheSpiceHouse is where I purchase all of my spices. Have you tried it? 

Fall's in the air and the orchards are chock full of apples.  If you went apple picking over the weekend and wondering what to do with the bushel of apples, here's a recipe for homemade applesauce I make each year.  All you need are apples, water, sugar and cinnamon.  Modifying the ingredients for your servings needed is simple too.  For this recipe I was entertaining 12 for dinner.  I peeled, cored and quartered 10 lbs.  large Granny Smith apples,  1 1/2 cups water, 2-3 tablespoons cinnamon and 1 1/4 cups sugar.  Place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker.   Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or 3-4 hours on high.  I promise you will love it! The house smells good too:)  If you have any leftover, place in food containers and refrigerate to enjoy for the next couple of days.  I hope you enjoy.  Happy Tuesday!



 photo Lake house lyn signature_zpspevll2ky.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS