Thursday, August 11, 2016

Make Your Own Ice Cream Sandwich Bar


I'm a fan of creating a "Make It Yourself" bars when it comes to entertaining.  With the outdoor temps hitting 90, and the air conditioning cranked up we found ourselves craving something cold. So I put together an easy Make it Yourself Ice Cream Bar to enjoy while watching a night of Olympics. 

 I choose a couple of favorite flavors ice cream, frozen yogurt and/or gelato.  Then I displayed several of our favorite cookies on a pretty tray, set out scoops and bowls of various toppings to roll the ice cream sandwich in.  

A few ideas are chopped Snickers, Heath toffee bits (in the baking section of your grocer), chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, sprinkles or jimmies, or crush peppermint.  Next time, I'll break up brownies (homemade or store bought) into a bowl and they can be added into the ice cream.  
Take your cookie, scoop ice cream on, top with another cookie, roll.....
Does Summer get any better than this?

My chalkboard chef really gets a workout each day...




We enjoyed chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and ginger snap cookies with toppings of mini chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, toffee bits and crushed peppermint.  I used chocolate chip cookies, chocolate ice cream with black cherries, and rolled it in the peppermint.  DELISH!


Our son in law Mike liked his "open face"



Enjoyed by my husband and daughter Kaitlyn of sistersmarie and Kaitlyn's hubby Mike.


Mu husband thought he might try multiple ice creams together.

I love to display foods on my pretty trays

I found I had more ice cream scoops than I thought I had so I had one for each ice cream selection.


~I hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping~



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS